Tissue Bank for Studies Related to Graft-Versus-Host Disease (GVHD)
- To establish a DNA bank from donor and recipient (prior to transplant) peripheral blood
for SNP studies.
- To establish a tissue bank for gene expression studies using donor and recipient
(post-transplant) peripheral blood samples.
- To establish a tissue bank for proteomic studies using donor and recipient blood and
- To establish a tissue bank for various studies using biopsy specimens.
- To establish a tissue bank for flow cytometric studies using recipient
(post-transplant), and sample from stem cell product.
OUTLINE: Peripheral blood samples are collected from donors prior to stem cell mobilization
and from patients prior to starting preparative regimen. Samples are studied by single
nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis, SNP array, proteomic analysis, gene expression, and
other immunological laboratory methods. Blood, urine, and tissue samples are preserved for
future studies. Extra skin biopsies and gastrointestinal biopsies are performed at diagnosis
of graft-vs-host disease and preserved in a tissue bank for flow cytometric studies.
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
DNA bank from donor and recipient (prior to transplant) peripheral blood for single nucleotide polymorphism studies
Completion of transplant
Madan Jagasia, MD
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
United States: Federal Government
VICC BMT 0664
|Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center||Nashville, Tennessee 37232-6838|
|Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center - Cool Springs||Nashville, Tennessee 37064|
|Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center at Franklin||Nashville, Tennessee 37064|