Arizona Cancer Center Biospecimen Repository
- Provide cancer investigators access to a wide variety of tissues and biospecimens for
translational studies in cancer.
- Collect and preserve tissue from the primary organ site (uninvolved and involved with
cancer), from the metastases, from patient blood (serum and lymphocytes), and from
- Provide quality-controlled storage and management of the specimen bank.
- Collect relevant clinical and pathologic information with appropriate privacy
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive database annotated with relevant
clinical data, pathology, and research findings.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Tumor samples, lymph node samples, and normal pancreas tissue samples are collected. Blood
samples are also collected prior to surgery, six months after the initial blood draw and
tissue sample collection, and every six months thereafter for two years.
Provision of tissue samples and biospecimens for translational study
An eletronic record of the specimens is kept in a secure, web-based database. Follow-up information from patients will be obtained from the patient medical record, and updated every 6 months
Setsuko K. Chambers, MD
University of Arizona
United States: Food and Drug Administration
|Arizona Cancer Center at University of Arizona Health Sciences Center||Tucson, Arizona 85724|