Adjuvant Treatment by Intra-arterial Injection of Lipiodol-labeled Iodine-131 in Preventing Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma After Curative Treatment
- Determine whether treatment with adjuvant intra-arterial iodine I 131 ethiodized oil
reduces the percentage of tumor recurrence in patients with curatively treated
- Evaluate the overall and recurrence-free survival of these patients.
- Evaluate the deterioration of liver function in these patients.
- Evaluate the toxicity of intra-arterial iodine I 131 ethiodized oil in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study. Patients are randomized to 1 of 2 treatment arms.
- Arm I: Patients receive an intra-arterial infusion of iodine I 131 ethiodized oil.
- Arm II: Patients receive an intra-arterial infusion of unlabeled ethiodized oil.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed periodically for 5 years.
Allocation: Randomized, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Tumor recurrence at 2 years
Jerome Dumortier, MD
Hopital Edouard Herriot - Lyon
United States: Federal Government