VIRTUAL HDR CYBERKNIFE RADIOSURGERY FOR LOCALLY RECURRENT PROSTATIC CARCINOMA: A PHASE II STUDY
- Histologically confirmed recurrent adenocarcinoma of the prostate, clinical stage T1
- T3 (AJCC 6th Edition, see Appendix II), NX/N0, M0, following prior prostate
- Karnofsky performance status >80.
- Greater than 5 year life expectancy
- Greater than 2 years since the original course of radiotherapy.
- Absence of distant metastases by radiologic or pathologic assessment.
- Absence of lymph node involvement by radiologic or pathologic assessment.
- Patients must sign a study-specific informed consent form prior to study entry.
- Stage T4 disease (AJCC 6th Edition, see Appendix II).
- Less than 2 years since the original course of radiotherapy.
- Lymph node involvement (N1).
- Evidence of distant metastases (M1).
- Radical surgery for carcinoma of the prostate
- Previous or concurrent cancers other than basal, in situ, or squamous cell skin
cancers unless disease-free for ≥ 5 years.
- Major medical or psychiatric illness, which in the investigator's opinion, would
prevent completion of treatment and would interfere with follow-up.
- History of inflammatory bowel disease
- Late GI or GU Morbidity > Grade 1 from the prior course of radiotherapy