H-8577:Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder Cancer: A Molecular Epidemiology Approach
- Subject has a histologically confirmed diagnosis of superficial or muscle-invasive
- Subject is a Texas resident.
- Subject can understand English or a qualified translator is available for the
- Subjects of any age, gender, or ethnicity are eligible to participate in the study.
- Subject consents to participate in the study.
- Subject has had prior treatment with systemic chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the
past 6 months.
- Subject has been diagnosed with superficial or muscle-invasive bladder cancer more
than twelve months ago.
Type of Study:
Time Perspective: Prospective
To assess both cohorts, two mutagen sensitivity susceptibility assays that quantifies the number of lymphocytic chromatid breaks induced by in vitro exposure to bleomycin and the number of breaks induced by in vitro exposure to a tobacco carcinogen.
Outcome Time Frame:
After last subject has completed the study
Seth P. Lerner, MD
Baylor College of Medicine
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Bladder Cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Genetic susceptibility
- Increased Risk
- Urinary Bladder Neoplasms
- Disease Susceptibility
|Baylor College of Medicine||Houston, Texas 77030|
|M.D. Anderson Cancer Center||Houston, Texas 77030|