p53 Synthetic Long Peptides Vaccine With Cyclophosphamide for Ovarian Cancer a Phase II Trial
- Written informed consent.
- Histological proven epithelial ovarian carcinoma.
- At least 4 weeks after termination of the last course of chemotherapy.
- Rising CA-125 serum levels after "first line" treatment and no measurable disease
according to the RECIST (Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumours) criteria, or
Rising CA-125 serum levels after "first line" treatment with measurable disease
according to the RECIST (Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumours) criteria, but
not willing or otherwise not fit to receive "second line" chemotherapy.
- Age 18 years or older, and an life expectancy of at least 3 months.
- Absence of any psychological, familial, sociological or geographical condition
potentially hampering compliance with the study protocol and follow-up schedule;
those conditions should be discussed with the patient before registration in the
- Performance status 0 to 2 (WHO scale).
- Adequate hepatic, renal, and bone marrow function as defined:
ASAT < 100 U/l; ALAT < 113 U/l; PT 9-12 seconds; APTT 23-33 seconds; creatinine < 135
μmol/l; WBC > 3.0 x 109/L; platelets > 100 x 109/L; hemoglobin > 6.0 mmol/l.
- Adequate venous access for blood collection and i.v. administration of cyclophosphamide.
- Pregnancy and / or breast feeding.
- (A)symptomatic cystitis.
- Other malignancies (previous or current), except basal or squamous cell carcinoma of
- Immunosuppressive agents, except for topical and inhalation corticosteroids.
- Prior therapy with a biological response modifier.
- Any other major disease that may interfere with the conduct of the study (e.g.
uncontrolled hypertension, severe and/or unstable heart disease, neurological and
- Signs or symptoms of CNS metastases.
- Known substance abuse (drug or alcohol).