The below is the items to be included in the study.
- diet evaluation: standard three-day diet evaluation table (Dept. of Nutrition)
- body weight and height: BMI .
- ELISA for plasma ghrelin, leptin, insulin, CCK, PYY: whole blood 5 ml in EDTA tube
(sampling time: during fasting, around 8 AM-9 AM if possible)
- two biopsy specimen: the same site. Fundus. One for ELISA and one for IHC
- ELISA for tissue ghrelin: frozen in liquid nitrogen
- immunohistochemistry for ghrelin producing cell hyperplasia, Paraffin block cutting for
- patients with informed consent
- gastric cancer patients treated by subtotal gastrectomy (without chemotherapy or
radiation therapy) : Actually the differentiation of EGC or AGC depend on the depth
of invasion. Therefore if the patients are not cachetic because of metastasis or
tumor burden, there is no need toe exclude the AGC patients from the study.
- patients with chemotherapy or radiation therapy diabetes mellitus: It has been
reported that plasma ghrelin is influenced by the insulin. Thus a history of diabetes
exclude the enrollment of the protocol.
Type of Study:
Time Perspective: Prospective
Dong-Kyu Jin, M.D.
Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine
South Korea: Institutional Review Board
- Gastric Cancer Patients Treated by Subtotal Gastrectomy
- stomach cancer
- distal gastrectomy
- Stomach Neoplasms