A Clinical Outcomes Protocol of Photon/Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Oropharyngeal Cancers
- Biopsy-proven squamous cell carcinoma of oropharynx (tonsillar pillars, tonsillar
fossa, soft palate, base of tongue).
- Stage I (T1N0)
- Stage II (T2N0)
- Favorable Stage III (T1N1/T2N1) and selected stage IV (T1-T2 early N2b)2 or less
lymph node and 2 or less cm diameter lymph node
- Unfavorable stage III and selected stage IV (any T, N2c/N3)
- Surgery of the primary tumor/lymph nodes is limited to incisional/excisional
- Evidence of distant metastasis.
- Previous irradiation for head and neck cancer.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Collect and analyze morbidity outcomes: incidence of xerostomia
Outcome Time Frame:
Periodically until final analysis
Robert S Malyapa, MD, PhD
University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Oropharyngeal Cancers
- Oropharyngeal Neoplasms
|University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute
||Jacksonville, Florida 32206