A Clinical Outcomes Protocol of Photon/Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Carcinoma of the Skin of the Head and Neck With Perineural Invasion
- Carcinoma of the skin of the head and neck region with incidental or symptomatic
- Biopsy-proven squamous cell carcinoma.
- Evidence of distant metastasis.
- Previous irradiation for head and neck cancer.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
Collect and analyze morbidity outcomes: Incidence of grade 3 or higher xerostomia (dry mouth)
Outcome Time Frame:
1 year following the completion of radiation therapy
Robert S Malyapa, MD,PhD
University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Skin Cancer of the Head and Neck
- Head and neck skin cancer
- Proton radiation
- Skin Neoplasms
- Head and Neck Neoplasms
- Carcinoma, Basal Cell
- Carcinoma, Basosquamous
- Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
|University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute
||Jacksonville, Florida 32206