A Phase II Trial Evaluating the Role of Posterior Fossa Irradiation (PFI) Plus Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) for Cerebellar Metastases
- Posterior Fossa Irradiation as defined by diagnostic MRI and CT simulation.
- 37.5 Gy in 2.5 Gy fractions administered via conformal beams.
- Radiosurgical boost (with dose titrated to parameters of RTOG 9005).
- Contrast enhanced MRI will be obtained at baseline and then at 3, 6, and 12 months
following completion of posterior fossa irradiation.
- The Mini Mental Status Examination will be used to evaluate global cognitive function
at baseline and then at 3, 6, and 12 months following completion of posterior fossa
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
To determine tumor control rates in the brain following posterior fossa irradiation of patients with cerebellar metastases.
Ben Corn, Prof.
Radiotherapy Department, TASMC
Israel: Ministry of Health
TASMC - 08 - BC - 270 - CTIL