1. Patients 19 years of age or above (Nebraska legal age).
2. Patients diagnosed with HNC who are seen at the University of Nebraska Medical
3. Patients who have undergone chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery for their cancer.
4. Patients who have completed their cancer treatment at least 3 months prior.
5. Patients who have consented to participate in this study with approval by their
6. Patients who have no significant mental impairment.
1. Patients who are on enteral feeding.
2. Patients who are not able to walk or whose surgeons report that walking is not
3. Patients diagnosed with Lymphoma, Thyroid cancer or Melanoma.
4. Patients who are on antidepressant medications.
5. Patients who are unwilling to return to the clinic at the end of the study - after 12
weeks of intervention.
6. Patients participating in another research study involving a therapeutic
7. Patients with chronic medical and orthopedic conditions that would preclude physical
activity (e.g., congestive heart failure, recent knee or hip replacements).
8. Patients who are at 18 months or more after the start of cancer treatment.