Evaluation of Zoledronic Acid as a Single Agent and as an Adjuvant to Chemotherapy in the Management of High Grade Osteosarcoma
1. Adult patients (between the ages of 18 to 65 years) with a recently diagnosed high
grade osteosarcoma of the extremity
2. Non Metastatic at presentation. The metastases are ruled out by a CT scan of the
chest and a PET scan.
3. Patients are willing and able to afford the standard chemotherapy.
1. Non-extremity sarcomas. (pelvis and spine)
2. Age less than 18 years or greater than 65 years
3. Metastatic at presentation
4. Pregnant or lactating women
5. Renal dysfunction in the form of elevated serum creatinine
6. Dental treatment anticipated after evaluation.
7. Patients who have received or are likely to receive steroids.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
histological response disease free interval
Outcome Time Frame:
Manish Agarwal, M.S(Orth)
Tata Memorial Hospital
India: Ministry of Health
- zoledronic acid
- adjuvant to chemotherapy