- Age > 18 yo.
- Primary pigmented or amelanotic choroidal melanoma measurement of 16 mm or less in
the largest vessel diameter and 6 mm or less in the apical height.
- Location of the tumor posterior to the equator.
- Documented growth by A/B scan.
- Risk factor for metastasis (thickness greater than 2 mm, symptoms, tumor margin at
the optic disc)
- Ability to provide inform consent.
- Comply with the study assessment for the cooperation of the study.
- Pregnancy or lactation.
- Premenopausal women not using adequate contraception; surgical sterilization or use
of oral contraception, barrier contraception with either a condom or diaphragm or in
conjunction with spermicidal gel, an IUD or contraceptive hormon implant or patch.
- Current infection or inflammation in either eye.
- Extension of tumor into the orbit.
- Retinal spread or metastatic disease.
- Any other condition that the investigator believes would pose a significant hazard to
the subject if the investigational therapy were initiated.
- Any known allergy to any of the components to be used in the study.
- Participation in another simultaneous medical investigation or trial.