A Randomized, Open Label Study Comparing the Efficacy of Topical Corticosteroids or Bepantol in the Prophylaxis of Hand-foot Syndrome in Patients Receiving Oral Xeloda for Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer or Colorectal Cancer.
- adult patients, >=18 years of age;
- breast cancer or colorectal cancer patients;
- treated with oral Xeloda for <=5 days;
- lack of hand-foot syndrome (palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia).
- existence of clinical symptoms suggesting hand-foot syndrome;
- use of doxorubicin, 5-FU and/or cytarabine for last 3 months;
- diabetes mellitus.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Hand-foot syndrome onset
Outcome Time Frame:
Brazil: Ministry of Health
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms