A Randomized, Open Label Study to Compare the Effect of First-line Treatment With Avastin in Combination With Irinotecan + 5-fluorouracil/Folinic Acid, and Irinotecan + 5-fluorouracil/Folinic Acid Alone, on Progression-free Survival in Chinese Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer.
- adult patients, >=18 years of age;
- histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the colon or rectum, with metastatic
- >=1 measurable lesion;
- ECOG performance status of <=1.
- prior systemic therapy for advanced or metastatic disease;
- adjuvant or neo-adjuvant treatment for non-metastatic disease in past 6 months;
- other malignancy within past 5 years, except cured basal cell cancer of skin or cured
cancer in situ of cervix;
- clinically significant cardiovascular disease in past 6 months.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Outcome Time Frame:
China: Ministry of Health
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Neoplasms