A Double-Blind, Randomized, Multi-Center Trial Comparing the Efficacy and Tolerability of 125 and 250mg of Faslodex (Long Acting ICI 182,780) With 1mg Arimidex (Anastrazole) in Postmenopausal Women With Advanced Breast Cancer.
- postmenopausal women with confirmation of breast cancer
- objective evidence of recurrence or progression of breast cancer no more than 1 prior
hormonal therapy for breast cancer
- presence of life-threatening metastatic visceral disease
- previous treatment with FASLODEX, ARIMIDEX or any aromatase inhibitor for breast
- more than 1 prior endocrine medical treatment for advanced breast cancer .
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Double-Blind, Primary Purpose: Treatment
time to tumor progression
Outcome Time Frame:
Every 3 months
United States: Food and Drug Administration
- Advanced Breast Cancer
- Advanced breast cancer, FASLODEX, ARIMIDEX, Fulvestrant, Anastrozole, postmenopausal
- Breast Neoplasms