Pilot Study to Evaluate 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) Positron Emission Tomography /Computed Tomography (PET/CT) in Prediction of Early Response to Chemotherapy in Ovarian Cancer.
- Histologically proven ovarian cancer at diagnosis of any stage.
- Patients with evidence of disease that is radiographically measurable (CT scan)
- Patients have planned to undergo standard chemotherapy. Dose and schedule will be
determined per treating physician
- Patients with any other malignancy active within 5 years except for non-melanoma skin
cancer, or carcinoma in situ of the cervix.
- Patients with an active infection
- Patients of childbearing potential are excluded from this study.
- Patients who have expected survival < 3 months.
- Patients not planning or able to receive the outlined chemotherapy regimen as part of
- Patient unable to complete study
Type of Study:
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Partial metabolic response (PMR) - A reduction of a minimum of 15-25% in tumour 18FDG SUV after one cycle of chemotherapy, and greater than 25% after more than one treatment cycle.
Outcome Time Frame:
Conclusion of the study
Neeta Pandit-Taskar, MD
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian Neoplasms
|Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
||New York, New York 10021