A Pilot Clinical Trial of CMV pp65 Specific T Cell Adoptive Immunotherapy in Patients Who Have Undergone Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation for Malignant Disease
- Stratum 1: Subjects must be undergoing a non-myeloablative stem cell transplant from
a 6/6 matched, sibling donor for the treatment of a malignancy
- Stratum 2: Subjects must be undergoing a non-myeloablative stem cell transplant from
a 3/6, 4/6, or 5/6 matched, sibling donor for the treatment of a malignancy.
- Stratum 3: Subjects must be undergoing a myeloablative stem cell transplant from a
3/6, 4/6, or 5/6 matched, sibling donor for the treatment of a malignancy.
- Donor must be CMV sero-positive.
- Karnofsky performance status ≥ 70%.
- Subject and donor must be one of the following HLA types: HLA A*0201, HLA-A*0101,
HLA-A*2402, HLA-B*0702, HLA-B*0801, HLA-B*35, HLA-DR*1, or HLA-DR*4.
- Availability of the stem cell donor to provide multiple PBMC samples for T-cell
culture if needed. These samples could be obtained via a 90cc peripheral blood draw
or through leukapheresis. Stem cell donor must satisfy BMT Program criteria for
undergoing leukapheresis to provide DLI and consent to provide repeat leukapheresis
if this is necessary.
- Ability to understand and provide signed informed consent that fulfills Institutional
Review Board guidelines.
- Ability to return to Duke University Medical Center for adequate follow-up as
required by this protocol.
- In order to receive their T cell infusions, subjects should be:
- At least 2 weeks from the time of their allogeneic stem cell transplant.
- Without Grade 3 or 4, non-hematologic, major organ toxicity within the preceding 1
week; all non major organ toxicities must have resolved to grade-2 or less.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Current or prior history of brain metastases.
- More than 12 months since their allogeneic stem cell re-infusion.
- HIV+, Hepatitis BsAg+, Hepatitis C Ab+