Bone Marrow Derived Adult Liver Stem Cell Recruitment After Major Liver Resections: Correlation With Liver Regeneration and Hepatic Function
- Adults (≥ or equal to 18 years old).
- Patients scheduled for resection of 3 or more liver segments for any indication, with
or without other planned procedures.
- Normal healthy volunteers (control).
- Chemotherapy or GCSF treatment in the preceding 4 weeks.
- CHILD'S classification B or above.
- Presence of active infection.
- History of lymphoma or leukemia.
- Normal healthy volunteers who underwent chemotherapy treatment at any stage of their
life will be excluded.
- Normal healthy volunteers who are under any active treatment for any active illness
will be excluded.
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Case Control, Time Perspective: Prospective
To determine qualitatively and quantitatively whether bone marrow derived liver associated stem cells are mobilized from the bone marrow in patients undergoing major liver resections (3 or more liver segments).
Outcome Time Frame:
conclusion of study
Ronald DeMatteo, MD
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Liver Cancer
- Liver resection
- Liver Neoplasms