- Women who have been on an adjuvant AI for at least 6 weeks.
- The presence of some musculoskeletal symptoms.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0, 1
- ER and or PgR positive early breast cancer, stages I, II or III
- Completion of any adjuvant chemotherapy (if given) and primary breast cancer surgery.
- Be willing to switch to Anastrozole if on another AI
- Signed written informed consent
- Metastatic disease (no imaging or labs required in absence of clinical suspicion of
- Evidence or history of inflammatory arthropathy (for example, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Any medical condition (for example, significant heart disease) that would prevent a
subject from completing an exercise program.
- Unable to take Aromatase Inhibitor (AI)
- Planned secondary reconstruction procedures during the 48 week study period
- Any medical, physical, geographic, emotional, or economic condition that in the
judgement of the clinician/study doctor, would make an individual unable or unlikely
to be able to exercise three times a week for 12 weeks.
- Unable to complete a study log book and questionnaires (unable to read and write
English and no one at home who can adequately do so).
- The use of any exogeneous estrogen and/or progesterone except Estring and natural