Dynasplint Therapy for Trismus in Head and Neck Cancer
- Patients with a 30 mm mouth opening or 40 mm mouth opening if edentulous
- Prior treatment for head and neck cancer.
- Severe periodontal or gum disease that has caused teeth to be loose
- Any systemic disease that causes blistering of the oral mucosa.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Assess effectiveness of DTS on improved ability to open the mouth
Outcome Time Frame:
William Carroll, MD
University of Alabama at Birmingham
United States: Institutional Review Board
- Patients who experience Trismus after completion of treatment for head and neck cancer
- Head and Neck Neoplasms
|UAB Division of Otolaryngology||Birmingham, Alabama 35233|