A Multi-Institutional Phase II Study of Neoadjuvant Gemcitabine and Oxaliplatin With Radiation Therapy in Patients With Pancreatic Cancer
- Patients must have cytologic or histologic confirmation of carcinoma arising in the
- Patients must be deemed resectable or borderline resectable based on criteria in
section 4.2 prior to registration.
- Patients must have an expected life expectancy of at least 12 weeks and a Zubrod
performance status of < 2.
- Patients must have adequate organ function defined as follows: absolute neutrophil
count of > 1500/mm3, platelets > 100,000/mm3, serum Cr < 1.5 mg/dl, total bilirubin <
3.0 mg/dl with relief of biliary obstruction if present (PTC tube or endobiliary
- Patients must be free of other active systemic malignancy, ongoing infection,
including HIV infection, or any other serious uncontrolled, concomitant systemic
disorders or psychiatric condition that would interfere with the safe delivery of
- Patients must be aware of the investigational nature of the therapy and provide
written informed consent.
- Patients must have no history of previous chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer or any
abdominal radiation therapy.
- Patients must not have used any investigational agent in the month before enrollment
into the study.
- Patients with neuroendocrine tumors are excluded.
- Patients with preexisting peripheral neuropathy > grade 2 are ineligible.
- Pregnant or nursing women are ineligible and patients of reproductive potential must
agree to use an effective contraceptive method during participation in this trial and
for 6 months after trial.