Open Label Study of Avastin in Combination With Platinum-containing Chemotherapy as 1st Line Treatment in Patients With Stage IIIb/IV Non-squamous NSCLC
- adult patients, >=18 years of age;
- histologically or cytologically documented inoperable, locally advanced ( stage III),
metastatic (stage IV) or recurrent NSCLC other than squamous cell (tumors of mixed
histology should be categorized by the predominant cell type);
- ECOG PS status 0-2;
- life expectancy >= 12weeks;
- adequate renal, liver and hematological function.
- mixed, non-small and small cell tumors, or mixed adenosquamous carcinomas with a
predominant squamous component;
- hemoptysis (>=1/2 teaspoon of bright red blood) in previous 3 months;
- evidence of tumor invading major blood vessels on imaging;
- evidence of CNS metastases, even if previously treated.
- major surgery (including open biopsy), significant traumatic injury within 28 days
prior to enrolment, or anticipation of need for major surgery during study treatment;
- prior chemotherapy for stage IIIb/IV disease.