Prospective Cohort Study of Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer With Indolent Linical Features
1. Men 65 years of age or older who were diagnosed with prostate cancer in the past 3
month prior to inclusion
2. Gleason's score of 6 or less.
3. Clinical T1C per digital rectal exam.
4. Pre biopsy PSA serum level of 6.0ng/ml or less.
5. The presence of cancer in a single biopsy core of at least 8 taken.
6. The presence of cancer in no more than 10% of the length of the core involved.
7. Patient's consent to engage in active surveillance after being informed of the
benefits and potential risks of this approach as well as of alternative lines of
8. Israeli residence with the readiness to be available for the followup schedule.
Patients who do not meet the above eligibility criteria
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Defined Population, Observational Model: Natural History, Time Perspective: Longitudinal, Time Perspective: Prospective
Dan Leibovici, M.D.
Assaf-Harofeh Medical Center
Israel: Ministry of Health
- Prostate Cancer
- prostate cancer
- active surveillance
- indolent features
- Prostatic Neoplasms