The Role of HER Receptor Family as Indicator of Prognosis and Drug Responsiveness in Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Patients were eligible if they had histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the
prostate and the following high-risk features: (1) clinical stage T3a disease with
(2) Gleason sum of 7 with a predominant component of 4 (i.e., Gleason 4 + 3 = 7) or
(4) Gleason sum of 8, 9 or 10.
- Prior hormonal therapy,
- Prior radiation,
- Prior investigational agents,
- Prior malignancy within the last five years or had any other serious medical or
psychiatric condition or illness that would not permit the patient to be managed
according to the protocol were excluded.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Single Blind, Primary Purpose: Treatment
PSA recurrence rate stratified according to treatment modalities
Giovanni Luca Gravina, M.D.
University of L'Aquila
Italy: Ethics Committee
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostatic Neoplasms