MAST Study Protocol
Use of the device will take place during a partial mastectomy procedure (lumpectomy).The
patient will be randomized to enter the device or control arm.
1. Women diagnosed with carcinoma of the breast
2. Undergoing lumpectomy (local wide excision) procedure.
3. Over 18 years of age
4. Signed ICF
1. Neoadjuvant systemic therapy
2. Previous radiation in the operated breast
3. Prior surgical procedure in the same quadrant
4. Implants in the operated breast
6. Participating in any other investigational study for either drug or device which can
influence collection of valid data under this study.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Single Blind (Outcomes Assessor), Primary Purpose: Treatment
Dan Hershko, Dr.
Israel: Israeli Health Ministry Pharmaceutical Administration
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Neoplasms