- The subject will have a malignant tumor of the cervix which is not curable by surgery
in which it has been determined the subject is to receive the standard care of
treatment of radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- The subject must have adequate bone marrow function, renal function, hepatic function
and neurologic function.
- The subject should be free of active infection requiring antibiotics.
- The subject must have signed the approved informed consent
- If the subject is of childbearing age, they must have a negative urine pregnancy test
with effective contraception
- The subject must have met pre-entry requirements
1. Physical examination to include pelvic examination, blood counts, assessment of
liver and kidney status through blood studies
2. A serum pregnancy test
3. Detectable tumor will be measured.
- The subject has not been clinically staged for their cancer
- The subject has evidence of or is being treated for an active infection
- The subject cannot perform the appropriate follow-up or complete the study for
- The subject has not consented to an additional tumor biopsy and MRI after my seven
days of treatment with methazolamide
- The subject has evidence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- The subject is currently breastfeeding
- The subject is pregnant
- The subject takes aspirin chronically
- The subject has a history of Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- The subject has not signed the approved informed consent