- Patients must have cytologic or histologic confirmation of carcinoma arising in the
- Patients may have any stage of pancreatic cancer but if metastatic, systemic disease
burden should be asymptomatic and small in volume.
- Determination of resectability must be made prior to registration.
- Patients must have an estimated life expectancy of at least 12 weeks and a Zubrod
performance status of < = 2.
- Patients must have adequate organ function defined as follows: absolute neutrophil
count of > = 1500/mm3, platelets > = 100,000/mm3, serum Cr < = 1.5 mg/dl, bilirubin <
3.0 mg/dl, with relief of biliary obstruction if present (PTC tube or endobiliary
- Patients must be free of other active systemic malignancy, ongoing infection,
including HIV infection, or any other serious uncontrolled, concomitant systemic
disorders or psychiatric condition that would interfere with the safe delivery of
- Patients of reproductive potential must have agreed to use an effective contraceptive
method during participation in this trial and for 6 months after trial.
- Patient must be aware of the investigational nature of the therapy and provide
written informed consent.
- Patients with neuroendocrine tumors are excluded.
- Patients must have no history of previous chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer or any
abdominal radiation therapy.
- Patient must not have used any investigational agent in the month before enrollment
into the study.