1. Histologically proven NPC.
2. Any clinical stage NPC as defined by the AJCC/UICC System.
3. No prior radiotherapy, chemoradiotherapy, immunotherapy or investigational agents.
4. No prior NSAIDs or corticosteroids for at least 4 weeks.
5. ECOG performance status ≤ 2.
6. Adequate end organ function
7. Life expectancy > 3 months.
8. Signed informed consent -
1. Inability to take celecoxib and gefitinib for the specified period of time (14 days)
prior to definitive therapy.
2. Tumor not visible on fibre nasopharyngoscopy for biopsy.
3. Known peptic ulcer disease.
4. Evidence of clinically active interstitial lung disease.
5. Previous or concomitant malignancies with the exception of adequately treated
carcinoma-in-situ of the cervix and basal or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.
6. Women who are pregnant or lactating. Females with child-bearing potential must have a
negative serum pregnancy test within 7 days prior to study enrolment.
7. Women of childbearing potential who are not practising adequate contraception.
8. Concurrent medical problems that would significantly limit compliance with the study.
9. Presence of any underlying medical conditions (eg. Unstable or uncompensated
respiratory, cardiac, renal or hepatic disease) that in the opinion of the
investigator would make the patient unsuitable for study participation.
10. Known hypersensitivity to celecoxib and gefitinib or any of the excipients of the
products, known sulphonamide sensitivity and allergic reaction following the
ingestion of NSAIDs.
11. Known HIV, HBV or HCV infection. -