Angelica Sinensis for the Treatment of Hot Flashes in Men Undergoing Androgen Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer treated with some form of androgen deprivation therapy for at least
one month. This includes either surgical (bilateral orchidectomy) or medical (LHRH
agonist, pure or steroidal antiandrogen or combined) castration;
- Greater than seven vasomotor episodes per week;
- Significantly bothersome symptoms associated with these vasomotor episodes, which
produce a desire in the patient to seek treatment to reduce both their incidence and
- Documented informed consent to participate in the trial.
- Enrolment in any other clinical trial or study protocol;
- Presence of pain due to prostate cancer;
- Life expectancy less than three months;
- Any severe concomitant condition that would make it undesirable, in the clinician's
opinion, or the subject to participate in the trial or would jeopardize compliance
with the trial protocol;
- Concomitant anticoagulation therapy or history of bleeding disorder or blood
- Known hypersensitivity to Dong Quai.