Comparison Hepatic Intra-arterial Injection of Yttrium-90 Versus 5FU in Colorectal Cancer Metastatic to the Liver Only
- Histologically proven colorectal adenocarcinoma, metastatic to the liver only.
- Failure of prior chemotherapy for advanced colorectal cancer.
- Adequate laboratory values of hematologic, renal and liver function
- World Health Organization (WHO) performance status (PS) <= 2
- Written consent
- Pregnant or lactating patients
- Other tumor type than adenocarcinoma (leiomyosarcoma; lymphoma).
- Patients with cirrhosis or other chronic liver disease
- Thrombosis of the hepatic main artery of the portal vein
- Lung shunting > 20% as determined by nuclear medicine breakthrough scan
- Patients with serum bilirubin > 1.0 x upper limit of normal (ULN) or with AST and/or
ALT and/or alkaline phosphatase > 5 x ULN
- Patients with concurrent or within 4 week period administration of any other
- Other serious illness or medical conditions.