Monotherapy With Piperacillin-tazobactam Versus Combination Therapy With Piperacillin-tazobactam Plus Glycopeptide as an Initial Empiric Therapy for Fever in Neutropenic Patients. An Observational Prospective Study.
- Patients with hematological malignancy or those who had undergone stem cell
transplantation for neoplastic disease.
- Fever (>38ºC)
- Neutropenia (absolute neutrophil count < 500 or < 1000 anticipated to fall below 500
cells within 24-48 hours).
- Known allergy to any of the antibiotics used in this trial
- A high probability of death within 48 hours
Type of Study:
Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Prospective
- Clinical efficacy evaluation:72 and 96 hours after the initiation of empirical therapy (early evaluation) and at the completion of the therapeutic trial (overall valuation)
Outcome Time Frame:
Wyeth is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Pfizer
Spain: Spanish Agency of Medicines
- Hematological Malignancy
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Multiple Myeloma
- Neoplasms, Plasma Cell
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hematologic Neoplasms