Adjuvant Chemotherapy (Docetaxel and Estramustine Phosphate) for High Risk Localized Prostate Cancer
To be included in this study, you must meet the following criteria:
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate
- Clinically or surgically staged localized disease, stage I-III.
- Prior surgical resection or radiation therapy with curative intent
- No clinical evidence of residual disease
- Gleason's combined score > 7.
- Age > 18 years.
- No prior chemotherapy for prostate cancer.
- No previous androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer
- Able to perform activities of daily living with minimal assistance
- Adequate bone marrow, liver and kidney function
- Voluntarily provide written informed consent.
You cannot participate in this study if any of the following apply to you:
- History of prior malignancy in the past five years
- History of significant heart disease within the previous 6 months
- Cerebral vascular accident (CVA) or stroke within the previous 6 months.
- Moderate or severe peripheral neuropathy
- Previous therapy with other injectable radioisotopes.
Please note: There are additional inclusion/exclusion criteria. The study center will
determine if you meet all of the criteria. If you do not qualify for the trial, study
personnel will explain the reasons. If you do qualify, study personnel will explain the
trial in detail and answer any questions you may have.