Phase I/II Study of Noscapine for Patients With Low Grade Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma or Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Refractory to Chemotherapy
- Patients with low grade NHL (follicular lymphoma, small cell lymphocytic lymphoma,
marginal cell lymphoma, monocytoid B-cell lymphoma, MALT lymphoma, plasmacytoid
lymphocytic lymphoma) or chronic lymphocytic leukemia who have demonstrated
chemotherapy resistance (have not achieved CR,CRu, PR)or who have relapsed at any
time following a response (CR, CRu, PR) after at least one therapy regimen, including
chemotherapy, Rituximab, or high dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue.
- Karnofsky performance status 60 % or greater.
- Creatinine less or equal to 2.0 mg/dl, bilirubin less or equal to 2.0 mg/dl,
SGPT/SGOT less or equal to 4 x upper normal range
- Patients with unconfirmed complete response(CRu)after last treatment and who
currently remain in CRu.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- Disease-specific treatment less than 1 month prior to starting this study.
- CNS disease.
- HIV-positive patients.
- Other cancer, except basal cell or squamous cell cancer of the skin or carcinoma
in-situ of cervix.