Randomised Controlled Clinical Effectiveness Trial of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) Versus Treatment as Usual (TAU) for Insomnia in Cancer Patients
- Meets clinical criteria for insomnia.
- Diagnosis of breast, prostate, colorectal or gynaecological cancer.
- In follow-up phase with no further anti-cancer therapy planned.
- Anti-cancer chemotherapy or radiotherapy within 4 weeks of trial entry.
- Evidence of sleep apnoea or other sleep disorder.
- Evidence of untreated major depressive disorder.
Type of Study:
Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study, Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment, Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Colin Espie, PhD
University of Glasgow
United Kingdom: National Health Service
- Sleep Initiation and Maintenance Disorders