A Phase II Trial Of Thalidomide And Procarbazine In Adults With Recurrent/Progressive Gliomas
- Determine the response rate in patients with recurrent or progressive malignant glioma
treated with thalidomide and procarbazine.
- Determine the progression-free survival of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the overall survival of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the quality of life of patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine the toxicity of this regimen in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients receive oral procarbazine once daily on days 1-5 and oral thalidomide once daily on
days 1-28. Courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or
Quality of life is assessed at baseline and then before every odd course.
Patients are followed every 2 months.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 23-55 patients will be accrued for this study.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Response rate by CT scan and MRI at baseline, pre-odd cycles, and study completion
Glenn J. Lesser, MD
Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest University
United States: Federal Government
|CCOP - Upstate Carolina||Spartanburg, South Carolina 29303|
|CCOP - Southeast Cancer Control Consortium||Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104-4241|
|CCOP - Central Illinois||Springfield, Illinois 62526|
|CCOP - Greenville||Greenville, South Carolina 29615|
|Wake Forest University Comprehensive Cancer Center||Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157-1096|