A Pilot Safety, Feasibility, Efficacy And Correlative (Phase I/II) Study Assessing Herba Scutellaria Barbatae (HSB) For Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Determine the efficacy of Scutellaria barbata (Chinese herbal extract) in terms of
tumor response in women with metastatic breast cancer.
- Determine the safety and toxicity of this therapy in these patients.
- Determine the feasibility of this therapy in these patients.
- Determine the time to progression, overall survival, and resource utilization of
patients treated with this therapy.
- Determine the quality of life of patients treated with this therapy.
- Determine the bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of this therapy in these patients.
OUTLINE: Patients receive oral Scutellaria barbata (Chinese herbal extract) twice daily for
12 months in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Quality of life is assessed at baseline and then every 6 months thereafter.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 25 patients will be accrued for this study.
Masking: Open Label, Primary Purpose: Treatment
Hope S. Rugo, MD
University of California, San Francisco
United States: Food and Drug Administration
|UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center||San Francisco, California 94115|
|Cancer Research Network, Incorporated||Plantation, Florida 33324|