Docetaxel (DTX) - Ifosfamide (IFX) As First Line Chemotherapy In Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Determine the efficacy of docetaxel and ifosfamide as first-line chemotherapy in women
with metastatic breast cancer.
- Determine the response rate and duration of response of patients treated with this
- Determine the time to treatment failure and survival of patients treated with this
- Determine the toxicity of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the quality of life of patients treated with this regimen.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients receive docetaxel IV over 1 hour on day 1 and ifosfamide IV over 1 hour (beginning
1 hour after docetaxel infusion) on days 1-3. Treatment continues every 4 weeks in the
absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Quality of life is assessed at baseline, every month during study, and then every 3 months
after completion of study.
Patients are followed every 3 months.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 15-42 patients will be accrued for this study.
Primary Purpose: Treatment
Bernardo A. Leone, MD
Unidad Oncologica Del Neuquen