Phase II Study of Hydroxyurea for the Treatment of Recurrent and/or Nonoperable Meningioma
- Determine complete, partial, or stable response to hydroxyurea in patients with
recurrent and/or nonresectable meningioma.
- Determine response at 2 years to this regimen in these patients.
- Determine overall and disease free survival of these patients after this regimen.
- Determine quality of life of these patients.
- Determine the toxicities of this regimen in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study. Patients are stratified according to grade of disease
(I vs II or III).
Patients receive oral hydroxyurea daily for 2 years.
Quality of life is assessed before treatment, then every 3 months for 2 years.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 60 patients (30 per stratum) will be accrued for this study.
Primary Purpose: Treatment
Didier Frappaz, MD
Centre Leon Berard
United States: Federal Government