Use of Stealth Liposomal Doxorubicin HCl ( DOX-SL ) in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe AIDS-Related Kaposi's Sarcoma.
Patients must have:
- AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma that requires systemic chemotherapy.
- EITHER a medical indication for continuation of DOX-SL following treatment on another
DOX-SL protocol, OR no remaining treatment options other than DOX-SL.
- Prior anthracyclines.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Cardiac ejection fraction < 50 percent or clinically significant cardiac disease.
- Eligibility for a Liposomal Technology comparative protocol.
- Other cytotoxic chemotherapy.
Patients with the following prior condition are excluded:
History of idiosyncratic or allergic reaction to anthracyclines.
- Chemotherapy within the past 3 weeks.